When you have a child with multiple allergies, cooking from scratch is essential. I am putting together a list of allergy friendly ingredients that I have discovered that hopefully you may find useful.
They are expensive at the moment, hopefully the prices will become more competitive. Regardless, at least there are now becoming a bit of choice for parents like us to make.
I have also included some snack foods that can be tolerated also - hope it helps and please feel free to leave comments with your own findings ..... it's all about helping each other
- Bellamys baby range now make spelt pasta - found in the babyfood section at supermarkets
- L'abruzzese make a range of spelt pasta - spagetti, lasagne, fettucine, penne, noodles... Found in good health stores
- Cacao power - a certified organic pure raw chocolate powder. Can be used in place of cocoa powder in baking recipes. Can be found in most health stores, although it is expensive ($20.95 for 500g)
- Nuttelex - dairy free margarine made from sunflower seeds
- Eskal- Free nut butter . Made with sunflower seeds
- Absolute Organics- Sweet potato chips, beetroot chips... Found in health food stores
- Artisse Organic - lollipops... i keep a couple in my bag for treats and bribes or for another medical visit . They contain organic raw sugar, organic glucose syrup from tapioca, citric acid, organic and natural flavours extracted from fruits and vegetables. *Note Regular lollipops and lollies contain glucose derived from wheat
Labels: Food Allergy Info, Keeping safe