Yes it is possible to make a birthday cake for a child who is allergic to eggs, milk, wheat and nuts !
Below is a recipe for a beautiful banana cake that your allergic child will love... and so will you ! Let me know what you think...
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 Tblspn Baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (* see note)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or any tolerated milk - or use water)
- 1/2 Nuttelex (dairyfree margarine), melted
* Note - I use vanilla extract as vanilla 'essence' usually contains corn syrup. If you use vanilla essence add 3 tspns.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Add vanilla extract, allowed milk and melted margarine.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour mix, fold together until combined.
- Pour into lightly greased cake pan or muffin pan.
- Bake at 160C until golden
Labels: Recipes-Food Allergy Friendly