So your child is reacting to something but you aren’t sure what it is. Some clues pointing to a food allergy are:
- The food causing the reaction is a protein rich food such as-egg, peanut or milk
- The reaction occurs within minutes every time there is contact with that food
- Reactions occur to very small amounts of the food
- Reactions occur from skin contact to the offending food
- The first reaction happens before 2 years old.
- The child has infantile excema
- Family history of allergies
If you suspect your child does have a food allergy, you need to confirm your suspicion with the relevant diagnostic tests.
Labels: Food Allergy Info