My Challenge- Mickey Mouse Birthday Party

My challenge this week is to create an allergy friendly Mickey Mouse birthday party. My gorgeous boy turns 4 and he wants a Mickey Mouse Party. So that's what he will have.

My challenge is to make a cake without wheat, eggs or dairy and to decorate it in a Mickey Mouse theme. I also intend to have ALL the food at his party safe for him to eat. So there will be nothing containing: peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, wheat, corn, soy or fish. Have I bitten off more than I can chew- most definately! But I love a challenge.

I remember his 1st birthday cake. It was just after he was diagnosed with food allergies. We had to put him on a strict elimination diet. He was allergic to so much back then. But, I was determined to make him a birthday cake  - and I did. The cake was made with buckwheat flour, golden syrup and water - it was disgusting. But he had a birthday cake! We sang Happy Birthday and blew out the candles.

We have come along way since then. I know alot more about food allergies these days and he has grown out of alot of his allergies. Each year his cakes get better and better. Hopefully, this year his cake and party will be the best ever.

Time to get my head down and think about how I will pull this off.... Wish me luck

Labels: