Allergy Friendly Taco's for dinner

Normally when we have taco's for dinner, I cook Cohen's mince separately because he cannot have some of the ingredients that are in the bought taco seasoning. Tonight I made my own seasoning ( Cohen friendly - as we call it) because :
A/ I was too lazy to cook 2 different minces.
B/ We are on a budget and I saved money by just buying the taco shells rather than the kits.

The verdict ... pictures speak louder than words.


Cohen is allergic to milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts, treenuts, corn, oats, soy, fish and shellfish.

Due to his corn allergy, he is unable to have the taco shells so I serve his in a lettuce cup. He loves them... this was his 4th!

In between mouthfuls he said " Mum, this one has to go in the book!". I am in the process of writing a cookbook free from the Top food allergens.


So I will have to cook these again and write everything down as I go so I have a recipe.. Making something yummy my son can eat is one of my greatest joys.... it's not so long ago that I was so overwhelmed by his food allergies that feeding him at all was such a huge deal.

If you or someone you know is experiencing trouble feeding their food allergic child, please contact me as I am sure I can help you.