This was an absolute winner. Quick and easy and yummy! I needed to make something quickly to take to a BBQ that was allergy friendly for Cohen.
It was a hit - in fact, I had to hide a couple of pieces for him as it disappeared so quickly.
FREE FROM - Eggs, Wheat, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Gluten, Yeast
- 1 cup SR Gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 125g Nuttelex, melted
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt Nuttelex and add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Press mixture into a slice tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Allow to cool slightly. Ice with chocolate icing while still warm.
- Sprinkle with coconut.*
I made the chocolate icing from combining pure icing sugar, cacao powder, Nuttelex and a bit of boiling water. Mix until smooth. Then I added a bit of vanilla extract.
* Instead of coconut, I sprinkled with ground, roasted peppita's and sunflower seeds.
I'm sorry I don't have the quantities for the icing- next time I will measure and note the quantities. I'm the sort of cook that doesn't measure things - which makes it difficult to write a recipe... and as you can imagine, writing a cookbook has been somewhat of a challenge.
Hope you enjoy. Please let me know what you think.
Labels: Recipes-Food Allergy Friendly