You will love this....Quick and easy. Doesn’t really need the frosting in my opinion but the kids like it.
- 2 cups of SR Gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 tspn mixed spice (optional)
- 2 Tblspns lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup allowable oil
- 3 large overripe bananas
* Please Note: Remember, most gluten free products do not brown so be careful you don’t overcook this cake.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar and mixed spice, if using. Stir until combined.
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl. Add vanilla, oil and lemon juice and stir until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for aprox 45-50 minutes. It is cooked when an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Serve by itself or cover with lemon frosting.
- 185g Icing sugar
- 60g Nuttelex (cold) (Dairy Free margarine)
- 1 tspn lemon rind
- 2 tspn lemon juice (adjust according to taste)
- Using an electric beater, cream together icing sugar and Nuttelex until light and creamy.
- Add lemon rind and juice
- Spread onto cake. Enjoy!
Labels: Allergy Friendly Recipes, Feeding a food allergic child