If your child has a food allergy to egg there is no reason why they shouldn't enjoy an omelette...Yes.... an omelette -without egg, who would have thought? The following recipe is quick and easy and has a few hidden vegies which is always good. I used to make this for my son when he was allergic to just about everything....
1 cup besan flour
4 rashers bacon
1/4 carrot, grated
1/2 leek, diced finely
1/2 parsnip, grated
1 Tblspn parsley
1/2 tomato, finely diced
1 cup water (or allowable milk)
salt and pepper to taste
Makes 4-5 omelettes. Batter can be kept in fridge for next day.
- Mix together flour and water, adding water slowly to avoid lumps. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute leek and bacon, remove and place aside.
- Heat small non stick frypan and pour in a small amount of batter. It will be runny at this stage but will set.
- Sprinkle bacon mixture, carrot, parsnip and tomatoes on top. Add parsley.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Labels: Allergy Friendly Recipes, Breakfasts, Feeding a food allergic child, Keeping safe, Recipes-Food Allergy Friendly, Snacks